Today Miriam talks about narcissistic abuse based on a book my French Psychologist, Isabelle Nazare-Aga called in French “Les Manipulateurs sont Parmi Nous”, literally “Manipulators Are Among Us” she read many years ago that helped her get out of her second manipulative relationship.
- What are the two types of manipulators/narcissists
- According to the author, the 30 traits of a manipulator/narcissist
- How manipulators/narcissists choose their “victims”
- The Consequences of being in a relationship With a Manipulator/Narcissists
- Relationship With a Narcissist: Miriam’s experience
- The two phases of a relationship with a Narcissist/Manipulator
- How to get out of such a relationship
“And how does it even start that a person becomes a manipulator? It starts in childhood, it’s a defense mechanism. It’s a way of survivor where they attack and belittle others in order to feel valuable. ”
“They are constantly the focus of conversation among people who know them, even if they are not present. ”
Isabelle Nazare-Aga author of “Les Manipulateurs sont Parmi Nous: https://www.isabellenazare-aga.com/ (website in French)
ABOUT THE HOST
Miriam is a Certified Trauma Informed Coach, an African, a mom of three daughters, a blogger and writer. After graduating from the London School of Economics, she built her international career in the fields of banking and international development, working for organisations such as the World Economic Forum, Lombard Odier Private Bank, JP Morgan, the Mastercard Foundation and the United Nations. She now uses her passion for psychology and dedicates her time to coaching others to free themselves from the burden of childhood trauma. Her wish to help other women connect to their inner wisdom, love themselves and follow their passion. In her effort to destigmatize mental health and normalize mental health conversations in black communities, she wrote her memoir about surviving childhood and finding her worth.